Our GP appointment system operates as a Telephone Consulting service which is carried out by the Clinicians of the practice:-
The process to follow is set out below:-
- You ring the surgery 01260 276161
- The receptionist will ask you for a brief description of your problem which will help the Clinicians to decide who is the best person to see you and when.
- Depending on the demand during the day – the Clinicians will only, on occasions speak with patients having medical conditions which are urgent and need to be dealt with on the same day.
- You will either be booked an appropriate appointment, or put onto the Clinicians call back list.
- The Clinicians will ring patients back in order of clinical priority.
- Once the Clinician has spoken with the patient – they will decide whether the patient needs to be seen Face-2-Face – if so they will book an appointment.
- We try to run to time as far as possible. Inevitably an appointment can run overtime, so please bear with us if you have to wait. In order to try and stay on time, the Clinician may only be able to deal with one problem per appointment.
Please note that you are still able to book ahead for Nurses appointments.
The practice nurses have face-to-face and telephone appointments available – which can be booked up to 6 weeks ahead.
If you no longer need an appointment or cannot attend, please let us know so that another patient may use it.
We ask you to be as prompt as you can for your appointment and may ask you to re-book an appointment if you are more than fifteen minutes late.
Other types of clinics which the doctors hold are as follows:-
(Routine appointments will not be available in these clinics)
Minor operation clinics
Child Development clinics
Other types of clinics which the practice nurses hold are as follows:-
Treatment room clinics
Well Woman clinics
CHD (Chronic Heart Disease) clinics.
Our telephone lines open from 8am in the morning until 6:30pm
ONLINE option via EMIS ACCESS to book appointments.